Error parsing XML, line 996, column 5: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "". ELEGANT NAIJA EMPIRE: Get the latest perfumes out here.

Saturday 28 September 2013

Get the latest perfumes out here.





Apparently Sans Adieu is discontinued, but as of September 2013 the 1995 EDT in utilitarian spray bottle is readily, and cheaply, available on Ebay. It was reissued when Worth was owned by International Classic Brands, and I have no idea how close this version is to the original. Certainly the bottle marks a massive decline from the gorgeous green Lalique flacon! How I want that bottle! (But not enough to fork over the 2k it goes for.)

My guess is that that '95 version is significantly reformulated. I smell the aquatic and the green, but there's an '80sish weight too and an oriental sweetness, like Guerlain's Jardins de Bagatelle or Dior's Poison. I like it and am quite pleased with this inexpensive blind buy.

So nice perfume from Rasasi. Oud is dominant, powerful and masculine as well but to me sweetish. Just two spray and you will feel like have a bath with this perfume. I recommend to those who love masculine, strong and heavy perfumes.
Overall= 10/10
While I love the smell of fresh roses, I have not been able to find a rose perfume that I like (most seem to smell cloying, sickening, and way too sweet on me) until I sampled this one. It is very soft and feminine. It reminds me of Bvlgari's Mon Jasmine Noir, but with rose instead of jasmine. Both have a sharper green smell to the florals and a slight hint of musk. While I don't love it enough to want a full bottle, I do enjoy smelling this sample on my wrist.
This noxious bilge water reminds me of that famous quote by HL Mencken: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public," although this swill would likely sell anywhere that bad taste existed.

Pinnacos
Ce parfum est magnifique.
Imaginez les bords de mer bordés de pittosporums, de jasmins, d'orangers en fleurs le tout mélangés avec l'odeur marine et salée de la mer le tout gorgés de soleil, de lumière et de chaleur. Une fin d'après-midi en été juste avant le début de la soirée, le soleil déclinant en train de déplier la serviette de bain pour un pique-nique en amoureux.
Moi je suis conquise...

Raised by an attractive divorced mother, Friday and Saturday night dates were standard.
I would love to watch her get ready and end the ritual with her liberal spritz of arpege.

Unfortunately we had a bird that loved to sit on her dresser and talk to the bottle. When he got frisky he would tip it over and roll it to the edge of the dresser and push it off.
This happened one too many times and it eventually broke.

It became a tradition from then on to buy my mom a bottle of arpege for christmas every year. The wonderful scent of it always brings back loving memories of my mom, oh, and of the bird also.
  I bought a bottle today after testing it. I loved it but... on the way home something nasty came up. Don't know witch note it is but I somehow don't like it that much anymore :-( .... so a pitty! However I opened the box and will use the parfume.
The first sniff from Paul is not similar to Dior for me, rather Fahrenheit or something green, edgy and watery, I don't like the top, about half hour or an hour I feel spice, wood, some sweet notes and starts to smell like Dior homme, but in more sweet/spicy version, not in floral. Dior is richer, deeper, stronger I think, but Paul is similar in 70% to Dior, but just in the base. Anyway Paul Smith Man not a bad scent, however this can't make the Dior Homme up for me unfortunately...
I am a huge Diptyuqe fan, I love Tam Dao, Duelle and Pylosikos , Volutes ,,,,but this one is not so good, it sits on the skin like a green sour vail. Hugely disappointed ,
I know its a best seller as well , but I cannot and will not try this again. I couldn't wait to get in the shower.
I've been hoarding a bottle this and dabbed a little on today....Good Gracious...still smells like absolute Heaven. I'm not sure what it is that brings this sweet fragrance up to another level, but there is something to it that is intriguing and special. I guess it is the sweet and woody notes together. I'd really appreciate a suggestion of something similar if anyone has ideas...
I love this fragrance, It's sweet but not too sweet. When it settles down, it smells like a baby cotton candy and I just LOVE IT!

 

Very fresh and crisp. If you wan't to smell like apples, this is for you. Don't get much praline though, unfortunately. Wish I got a little more praline. I don't think it's very exciting, because this smells only apples, too me at least. But still it is a nice scent, just a little plain. The longevity and sillage are a little poor.
It's a safe choice and it won't offend anyone.
5 hours later I smell again... And this is not Paco Rabanne Invictus ! This is Diesel Fuel For Life ! I'll pass...


DOES ANYBODY CAN DESCRIBE MORE ABOUT "Aramis Concentree " VERSION...DIFFERENCE WITH NORMAL ARAMIS BY ARAMIS...WHICH IS MORE STRONG?ANY DIFFERENCE ITS SMELL?ETC..PLEASE ADVISE ME......
           
I wouldn't say that Rose of Dreams it's a fragrance i like, i think it would be much more precise to say that it is a fragrance i somehow find intresting. Quite simple, but still intresting. To me it's not an everyday perfume, definitely. It's not even my cup of tea, i bought it because i liked the idea of roses, and that's what it is, an intense rose garden packed in a 50 ml bottle. A must have for every collector. Nice to wear from time to time, maybe in one of those special winter nights, it's warm might counterbalance the wearther. Good job, Oriflame!
       
I had it and gave it to my niece. A bit too fruity floral for me. She came to see me this morning. It is now the first week into autumn and the air was cool. As soon as she walked in, I asked her if she was wearing Bvlgari (the original- which is not listed on this site). She says, "no, aunty. this is what you gave me." Maybe not at first sniff, but definitely dries down to a bvlgari like scent. If you get a chance to buy this, do so! It smells of quality. I just prefer niche fragrances myself and I am starting to get old, so let the youth enjoy beautiful things.
               
old, sweet and boring..exatly like the ad. nothing special or remarkable just zzzzzzzzzzzzz. not worth of purchase.


I love it! If you love white flowers and vanilla scents you love this one. Bottle is so much prettier in life than pictures. First burst out gardenia what is very intensive. Heliotrope is also there but not as much as gardenia. Then comes sweet pea and peony. Last for me its vanilla all over. Sillage is moderate and it last over 7 hours on my skin. Very different and very unique.
                                                              

1 comment: